Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Some Spice in My Life

Table Rock will forever be a mental postcard in my brain that is filled with the scent of precious people, a few precious moments and God's hand at work in each of our lives!














What I value most about this rare and priceless group is their desire for living life to the fullest! This is not in a careless way though; quite the opposite in fact. They are so intentional in being real about where they are at and honest about how they are feeling. They have brought a new spice to my life that is exquisite! It is an adventure with Christ through a whole new light that involves using the whole spectrum of colors, not just those in front of me. It has brought the spontaneity of night swims at the beach, the courage of cliff diving and a depth of heart that is so new! It has put light on some scarred areas of my heart that I never would have believed existed had they not been brought out in love. It is a bit of a painful season of life, but God has surrounded me with some beautiful aspects of Himself through these friends and their furvor for LiFe with GoD! It is living each moment in obedience and spontaneity with a comforting and supportive hand always near by. I believe this is the clearest vision of God's intent for the church that I have ever experienced! They are not perfect by any means. They are better... they are real.

"To rip through the dear and tender stuff of which life is made can never be anything but deeply painful. Yet that is what the cross did to Jesus and it is what the cross would do to every man to set him free."
~ A.W. Tozer (The Pursuit of God)


No comments: