Sunday, December 14, 2008

Katy's Graduation Dinner

One of my dear friends from school is graduating this Friday and movin' back home to Chicago for grad school, so we had a little goodbye shin-dig for her last night. We ate a delicious dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney and had one of those fun volcano cakes for dessert. I had never heard about them before and they're hilarious! It's just brownies and ice cream piled up like a volcano with a silver sparkler sort of thing on top, but when the server brings it to the table they have to yell, "volcano!" on their way to the table. It made us all laugh! 
 
Afterward, we decided to take a stroll around downtown disney for awhile and we had the funniest lady take a picture for us! Her voice was loud and raspy and she was incredibly friendly, but sarcastic right off the bat. The moment I handed her my camera she sprinted away for about 10 feet pretending that she was steeling it as we all stood in shock with jaws dropped. I was honestly about to take off my heals and sprint after her, but she turned around and was roaring in laughter! She told us she worked at Downtown Disney and she was on her way to start her shift. Once I realized she wasn't stealing my camera I just laughed to myself, because I thought, what would I have even done once I caught up to her if I had chased her? I don't think I would have tackled her to the ground or anything, but that could have been a funny story : )
So, anyway, as she was taking the second picture she said, "Say... oh no, hahaha that's naughty. We can't say that here." We all started laughing, trying not to think too much about what she might be implying. It was such a bizarre and quick encounter : ) 


I think the funniest thing of the night happened on our way out. We stopped to listen to the live band for a bit and saw that our picture lady really did work at Downtown Disney! She was inside a gazebo dancing like crazy to the music with her hands in the air, swaying back and forth. We all looked and laughed harder than we had laughed the first time : ) We thought that maybe she had just made up the fact that she worked there, but sure enough she was telling the truth. We had to get a picture or two with her and she was so excited. She said "Oh sure! A picture with the picture-taker! Great!" She through her hands in the air in one picture and gave us bunny ears in another. She was a riot : )

SFSP-ers : )

Conclusion: Fun night!

P.S. fun trees : ) I definitely prefer white lights over colored lights, but the trees were still pretty fun, because they sort of give the feel like Candyland was brought to life. 

No comments: